Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Funny and Not so Funny



Thought this was funny.

On the other hand, life right now is just not too funny at all. I'm still looking for a job, and it's getting frustrating, to say the least. There's supposed to be this massive "shortage" of teachers, but you sure wouldn't know it by me. I know I'm supposed to do this.

I'm just questioning whether or not I'm supposed to do it here anymore. May have to look at other areas of the country, and that's both scary and exciting at the same time.

The kiddo is doing okay, for the moment. Which helps ease the mind a little.

I'm going back to bed. This working until the wee hours of the morning is kicking my ass. Did I mention I'm beginning to hate this "temporary" (now going on the 7th month) job? Yeah. I am.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news on the kiddo front, Oklahoma needs teachers, don't pay shit, but they need them...

Hale McKay said...

Glad to see the lad is doing okay under the circumstances.

Okay, she mistook the toy for the phone. I wonder if vice versa ever happens?

Walker said...

I'm sure things will go your way soon enough, patience, it's a bitch and this temp job puts money in your pocket.

Good to hear your son is doing ok under the circumstances.

Maybe if you looked into where they need the most teachers you could move there.
Leavng your comfort zone is scary but a new begining might be what you need.


Have a nice day

Peter said...

Hi Chick, at least one bit of the news is good, did you eventually get that phone call?????

Politically Homeless said...

There are teacher shortages but they are uneven..in some specialties..in some states.

It might require a move to find what you want and change, while scary, is not always a bad thing.

I echo what Barney said about teachers in Oklahoma.

Rain said...

A possible new adventure and begining sounds exciting!

Hang in there, a new job is right around the next corner.

I am praying for you and your son.

((hugs))